Ring-neck parrots also known as rose ringed parakeet or Indian ring-neck parrot are small size parrots with long tails. Popular due to their color mutations and excellent talking abilities, they are widely adopted as pet birds in many homes.
Ring-neck parrot Mutations
- Blue Ring-neck parrot
- Cinnamon Ring-neck parrot
- Grey Ring-necks Parrot
- Lutino/Yellow Ring-neck Parrot
- Grey Green Lacewing
- Violet Pastel Lacewings Indian Ring-necks
Ring-neck parrot life span and origin
Ring-neck parrots are Afro-Asian parrots and their life span is around 20 to 30 years. They have a long life span so if you are buying /Adopting them then be ready as it would be a long time commitment.
Ring-neck parrots as a pet
As a pet bird ring-necks are awesome parrots and with their large variety of colors, you have lots of options. Ring-neck parrots have excellent talking abilities. If trained properly they can easily learn a lot of words.
Best things about ring-neck parrots.
- Small size(But the tail is long) that is easy to handle as compared to some other parrots like macaws.
- Beautiful colors with large variations.
- Superb talking abilities.
- Active and joyful birds.
- Can become cuddly.
Things that you should know.
- Ring-necks can be very aggressive and sometimes they start to bite.
- Their bite is a big problem as they have a very pointy beak so their bite is hard.
- Sometimes they are scared of humans and will not let you touch themselves.
- Will fight with other pet birds so you have to arrange separate cage for them.